Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Afghan of looooovvvvveeee

I have finally decided to make an afghan. I've thought about it for a long time but haven't had the patience, or a good plan. I'm knitting lots of random brightly colored squares using acrylic yarn I have aquired from my nice family (they support my addiction). I am going to sew them together with black chenille, which will look very nice and rather classy.





And I'm using this as a chance to practice different knitting patterns and skills. I tried for the first time using a different colored yarn in the middle of my knitting. Usually, I only do stripes and cut off each color as I go.





Here are two of my favorite squares so far, the blue and white H, and the yellow with criss-cross lines. They are pretty simple but I've never done anything like that before so I'm excited. I'm also planning on making one with a heart, and one with a 'C'. Then, magically, in the center of the afghan it will have "H heart C". Yes, it will be amazingly cheesy!










Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home